A CLINICAL STUDY ON THE ROLE OF PHALA-GHRITA IN THE MANAGEMENT OF FEMALE INFERTILITY

Shylaja R Kumari

Abstract


The present study was carried out to evaluate the role of Phala-ghrita snehapāna in the treatment of female infertility. Thirty-six female patients in reproductive age group who were unable to conceive after one year of regular unprotected coitus were registered out of which five patients were drop out and 31 patients completed the study. The patients with an evidence of active infection or chronic diseases were excluded. Phala ghrita was administered orally in the dose of 20 ml twice a day for 3 months continuously. The results of this study showed that out of 31 patients of this series 19.4% patients conceived and remaining 80.6% patients did not conceived by the Phala-ghrita snehapana. No apparent complication was noticed during the study.

Keywords: Female infertility, Snehapāna (oral administration of oily substance), Phala-Ghrita.


Full Text:

PDF

References


Sushruta samhita (2005)with Nibandhasangraha commentary of Shri Dalhanacharya and the Nyayachandrika panjika of Shri Gayadasacharya 8th edition .ed.vd.Jadavji Trikamji Acharya and Narayanaram Acharya “Kavyatirtha”,Chaukambha Orientalia ,Varanasi.- Su .Sha.2/33.pg no.348.

WHO guidelines,Wikipedia on female infertility.

Hareeta samhita,triteeya sthana-48/1-6

Ashtanga Sangraha Uttara tantra 39/81 by Atridev vidyalankara 1 st edition 1962,pg no 340

Su.Utt.38/18.pg.no.669.

a.Charaka samhita of chakrapanidatta,with Ayurveda Deepika commentary by Vd Yadavji Trikamji Acharya;2011,Chowkamba Orientalia,Varanasi,ch nidana 1/39 pg.no 203

b.Ashtanga Hridayam(2005),with the commentaries “Sarvangasundara” of Arunadatta and “ Ayurveda rasayana” of Hemadri, collected by Dr.Anna Mareshwar Kunte .Reprint ,9th edition, Chaukambha Krishnadas Academy,Varanasi. A.H.Su.5/21,pg no 68

Bhavaprakasha of Bhavamishra vol.1(2004)Reprint,English translation by prof.K.R.Srikanta Murthy, Chaukambha Krishnadas Academy,Varanasi. B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)188,189,190,191.pg no 189,190.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/173.pg no 186.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(3)/28,29.pg no 210.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/6,7,19,20,21,22.pg no 159,161.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/36,37.pg no 163,164.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/38,39,40,41.pg no 164.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(23)/30.pg no 494.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/102,103.pg no 174,175.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/196,197.pg no191.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/201,202.pg no 192.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(7)/95,96,97.pg no 323.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/129,131.pg no 179.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/78,79.pg no 170,171.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/141,142.pg no 182,183.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(4)/170,171,172.pg no 256.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/100,101.pg no 174.

.B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(2)/136,137.pg no 179,180.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(4)/189,190.pg no 258.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(4)/184,186,187,188.pg no 257.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(8)/4,5,6.pg no 470.

B.P.(Purvakhanda)vol .1,6(14)/1,2,7,8.pg no 455,456.

]


Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.